SOBERING CENTER EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
June 26, 2019 1:30 P.M.
Sobering Center Board Room
1213 Sabine Street, Austin, TX 78701
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Chair: Judge Nancy Hohengarten Vice-Chair: Jana Ortega
Secretary: Bill Brice Treasurer: Douglas Smith
Immediate Past Chair: None Acting Director: Danie Connick
NOTICE OF MEETING
Pursuant to Board Resolution Amending the Duties of the Executive Committee dated October 10, 2018 part (g) the Executive Committee of the Sobering Center serving Austin Travis County also known as the Sobriety Center, created and organized by the City of Austin and Travis County as a local government corporation pursuant to Texas Transportation Code, Chapter 431, will convene a public meeting on Wednesday, June 26, 2019 in the Sobering Center Board Room, 1213 Sabine Street, Austin, Texas. A quorum of the Sobering Center Board may be present at this meeting. Action will only be taken by the members of the committee.
- Call to order
- General Citizen/Public Communication
Citizens wishing to speak on agenda items will need to sign up before the meeting is called to order. Citizen communication on agenda related items will be allowed after an item’s presentation has been made. Each speaker will be given 3 minutes to speak. Non-agenda related citizen communication will take place before discussion of the first agenda item and will be limited to the first 5 speakers.
- Executive Session: Personnel matters including terms and conditions of separation of the Executive Director.
- Discussion and possible action to approve the terms of the separation and to accept the resignation of Rhonda Patrick.
- Discussion and possible action to approve additional banking signators.
- Discussion and possible action to approve offer from Integral Care to provide Interim ED staffing.
- Discussion and possible action regarding recruitment and hiring process for an interim director.
- Scheduling of upcoming Executive Committee meetings to hire an interim director, and other matters pertaining to Sobering Center operations before the next regularly scheduled board meeting on August 14, 2019.
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request. For assistance, please call 512-974-3256 or 512-974-2445 TDD. A person may request a Spanish language interpreter be made available by contacting the City Manager’s Office at 512-974-2194 no later than twelve hours before the scheduled time of the item on which the person wishes to speak.