SOBERING CENTER BOARD MEETING
October 14, 2020 5:00 P.M.
1213 Sabine Street, Austin, TX 78701
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chair: Jana Ortega Vice-Chair: Vacant
Secretary: Council Member Kathie Tovo Treasurer: Douglas Smith
Past Chair: Vacant
Director: Liz Boston Director: Christopher Ziebell Director: Paulette Blanc Director: Rick Ybarra Director: Jessica Palvino
Director: Commissioner Margaret Gomez Director: Lynn Sherman
Ex-Officio: Travis County Judge Sam Biscoe (designee: Roger Jefferies)
Ex-Officio: Austin City Manager, Spencer Cronk (designee: Asst. City Manager Rey Arellano) Ex-Officio: Austin Chief of Police Brian Manley (designee: Asst. Chief Joseph Chacon)
Ex-Officio: Austin Chief of EMS Ernesto Rodriguez (designee: Asst. Chief Jasper Brown) Ex-Officio: Austin Public Health Director Stephanie Hayden
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Sobering Center serving Austin Travis County also known as the Sobriety Center, created and organized by the City of Austin and Travis County as a local government corporation pursuant to Texas Transportation Code, Chapter 431, will convene a public meeting on Wednesday, October 14, 2020 by Zoom telephonic and videoconference. To join the meeting:
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85271487055?pwd=bjZlU0EyVVJXSGkyZ1pvWHZxNGVjUT09
Meeting ID: 852 7148 7055
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,85271487055#,,,,,,0#,,579006# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,85271487055#,,,,,,0#,,579006# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 852 7148 7055
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kqf2BmmBX
1. Call to order.
2. General Citizen/Public Communication.
Citizens intending to speak must sign up with the Sobering Center by 4:30 p.m. the day of scheduled meeting. Registration can be completed by emailing AFrank@soberingcenter.org. Citizen communication on agenda related action items will be allowed after an item’s presentation has been made. Each speaker will be given a designated amount of time to speak set by the board chair. Non-agenda related citizen communication will take place before discussion of the first agenda item.
3. Approval of minutes for September 9, 2020 board meeting.
4. Staff Spotlight
- Robert Spittler (Lead EMT)
5. Presentation and approval of Treasurer’s Report.
- Review FY21 budget
6. Update on board vacancies and introduction of new board members.
7. Discussion and possible action of FY21 Officer Slate.
8. Discussion of Committee Assignments for 2021 and Selection Worksheet.
9. Discussion and possible action on quality management language for City of Austin contract.
10. Resolution to set Board meeting dates and times for 2021.
11. Executive Director Report.
- Update on Strategic Plan.
12. Committee Update:
- Executive Committee/Board Chair update:
- Governance Committee: (Chair – Director Ziebell)
- Finance Committee: (Chair – Treasurer Smith)
- Development Committee: (Chair – Secretary CM Tovo)
- Community Engagement Committee:
Board Meeting: Next regular meeting is November 11, 2020 at Sobering Center.
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request. For assistance, please call 512-974-3256 or 512-974-2445 TDD. A person may request a Spanish language interpreter be made available by contacting the City Manager’s Office at 512-974-2194 no late than twelve hours before the scheduled time of the item on which the person wishes to