SOBERING CENTER BOARD MEETING
May 13, 2020 5:30 P.M.
1213 Sabine Street, Austin, TX 78701
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chair: Jana Ortega Vice-Chair: Craig Moore
Secretary: Council Member Kathie Tovo Treasurer: Douglas Smith
Director: Stephen Strakowski
Director: Christopher Ziebell
Director: Nancy Hohengarten, Past-Chair
Director: Andy Brown
Director: Jessica Palvino
Director: Commissioner Margaret Gomez
Director: Lynn Sherman
Ex-Officio: Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhardt (designee: Roger Jefferies)
Ex-Officio: Austin City Manager, Spencer Cronk (designee: Asst. City Manager Rey Arellano)
Ex-Officio: Austin Chief of Police Brian Manley (designee: Asst. Chief Joseph Chacon)
Ex-Officio: Austin Chief of EMS Ernesto Rodriguez (designee: Asst. Chief Jasper Brown)
Ex-Officio: Austin Public Health Director Stephanie Hayden
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Sobering Center serving Austin Travis County also known as the Sobriety Center, created and organized by the City of Austin and Travis County as a local government corporation pursuant to Texas Transportation Code, Chapter 431, will convene a public meeting on Wednesday, May 13, 2020 by Zoom telephonic and video conference. To join the meeting:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 743 844 8931
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,7438448931# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,7438448931# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US
Meeting ID: 743 844 8931
- Call to order.
- General Citizen/Public Communication.
Citizens wishing to speak on agenda items will need to sign up before the meeting is called to order. Citizen communication on agenda related action items will be allowed after an item’s presentation has been made. Each speaker will be given a designated amount of time to speak set by the board chair. Non-agenda related citizen communication will take place before discussion of the first agenda item.
- Approval of minutes for April 8, 2020 board meeting.
- Executive Session: Hiring committee and staff to brief the board on interview of Executive Director candidate.
- Board interview of Executive Director candidate.
- Executive Session: Discuss interview with Executive Director candidate.
- Discussion and possible action of hiring new Executive Director candidate, Austin Recovery Network management or interim Executive Director through Mission Capital.
- Presentation and approval of Treasurer’s Report.
- Discussion and possible action to repay loan to Travis County.
- Interim Executive Director report: Discussion of reopening plans.
- Board Chair update.
- Committee Update:
- Strategic Planning Committee: Postponed until new director hired.
- Executive Committee:
- Governance Committee: (Chair – Director Ziebell)
- Finance Committee: (Chair – Treasurer Smith)
- Development Committee: (Chair – Secretary CM Tovo)
- Community Engagement Committee: (Chair – Director Judge Hohengarten)
Board Meeting: Next regular meeting is June 10, 2020 at Sobering Center.
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request. For assistance, please call 512-974-3256 or 512-974-2445 TDD. A person may request a Spanish language interpreter be made available by contacting the City Manager’s Office at 512-974-2194 no later than twelve hours before the scheduled time of the item on which the person wishes to speak.