August 14, 2019 5:30 P.M.
Sobering Center Board Room
1213 Sabine Street, Austin, TX 78701
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chair: Judge Nancy Hohengarten
Vice-Chair: Jana Ortega
Secretary: Bill Brice
Treasurer: Douglas Smith
Director: Stephen Strakowski
Director: Christopher Ziebell
Director: Craig Moore
Director: Andy Brown
Director: Council Member Kathie Tovo
Director: Commissioner Margaret Gomez
Ex-Officio: Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhardt (designee: Roger Jefferies)
Ex-Officio: Austin City Manager, Spencer Cronk (designee: Asst. City Manager Rey Arellano)
Ex-Officio: Austin Chief of Police Brian Manley (designee: Asst. Chief Justin Newsom)
Ex-Officio: Austin Chief of EMS Ernesto Rodriguez (designee: Asst. Chief Jasper Brown)
Ex-Officio: Austin Public Health Director Stephanie Hayden
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Sobering Center serving Austin Travis County also known as the Sobriety Center, created and organized by the City of Austin and Travis County as a local government corporation pursuant to Texas Transportation Code, Chapter 431, will convene a public meeting on Wednesday, August 14, 2019 in the Sobering Center Board Room, 1213 Sabine Street, Austin, Texas.
- Call to order
- General Citizen/Public Communication
Citizens wishing to speak on agenda items will need to sign up before the meeting is called to order. Citizen communication on agenda related items will be allowed after an item’s presentation has been made. Each speaker will be given 3 minutes to speak. Non-agenda related citizen communication will take place before discussion of the first agenda item and will be limited to the first 5 speakers.
- Executive Session: Discussion on Executive Committee’s Recommendation for Interim Executive Director.
- Possible action to approve Executive Committee’s Recommendation for Interim Executive Director.
- Discussion and possible action regarding renewal of HHSC TTOR grant.
- Presentation and Approval of Treasurer’s Report.
- Discussion and possible action to amend budget in light of City Manager’s proposed budget.
- Discussion and Approval of HOST ILA with City of Austin EMS.
- Discussion and Ratification of ILA between City of Austin and Sobering Center regarding supplies.
- Board Chair Update
- Council member meetings
- Data meeting
- Memorandums of Understanding with collaborative entities
- Usage of 3rdfloor room for collaborative partners
- Discussion regarding increasing bed utilization by partnerships beyond APD and EMS.
- Committee Updates
- Strategic Planning Group: Meeting Aug. 15, 2019 at 9:00a.m.
- Executive Committee: Meeting Aug. 28, 2019 at 12:15
- Governance Committee: Emergency Action Plan, Board Elections on Sept. 11, 2019, Status of Application for position on Board
- Finance Committee: Status of budget until September 30, 2019
- Fundraising Committee: Discussion and Possible action regarding fundraiser/1styear celebration
- Community Engagement Committee: Vacancy on Committee
Board Meeting: Next meeting is September 11, 2019 at Sobering Center.
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request. For assistance, please call 512-974-3256 or 512-974-2445 TDD. A person may request a Spanish language interpreter be made available by contacting the City Manager’s Office at 512-974-2194 no later than twelve hours before the scheduled time of the item on which the person wishes to speak.