SOBERING CENTER BOARD MEETING
October 10, 2018 5:30 P.M.
Sobering Center Board Room
1213 Sabine Street, Austin, TX 78701
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chair: Judge Nancy Hohengarten Vice-Chair: Jana Ortega
Secretary: Bill Brice Treasurer: Douglas Smith
Director: Stephen Strakowski
Director: Christopher Ziebell
Director: Craig Moore
Director: Reginald Smith
Director: Andy Brown
Director: Mayor Pro Tem Kathie Tovo
Director: Commissioner Margaret Gomez
Ex-Officio: Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhardt (designee: Roger Jefferies)
Ex-Officio: Austin City Manager, Spencer Cronk (designee: Asst. City Manager Rey Arellano)
Ex-Officio: Austin Interim Chief of Police Brian Manley, (designee: Asst. Chief Justin Newsom)
Ex-Officio: Austin Chief of EMS Ernesto Rodriguez (designee: Asst. Chief Jasper Brown)
Ex-Officio: Austin Public Health Director Stephanie Hayden
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Sobering Center serving Austin Travis County also known as the Sobriety Center, created and organized by the City of Austin and Travis County as a local government corporation pursuant to Texas Transportation Code, Chapter 431, will convene a public meeting on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 in the Sobering Center Board Room, 1213 Sabine Street, Austin, Texas.
1. Call to order
2. Presentation and approval of the Minutes from the September 12, 2018 Sobering Center LGC Board meeting
3. Executive Session: Presentation and approval of Executive Session Minutes from September 12, 2018
4. General Citizen/Public Communication
Citizens wishing to speak on agenda items will need to sign up before the meeting is called to order. Citizen communication on agenda related items will be allowed after an item’s presentation has been made. Each speaker will be given 3 minutes to speak. Non-agenda related citizen communication will take place before discussion of the first agenda item and will be limited to the first 5 speakers.
5. Discussion and possible Resolution to Amend Articles of Incorporation and By Law regarding committee members, board terms, and appointment dates.
6. Discussion and possible Resolutions to create Board Committees, designate responsibilities, and authorize appointment of members.
7. Discussion and Possible Action to approve expenditure for Strategic Plan Training with Mission Capital.
8. Presentation and Approval of Treasurer Report
9. Discussion and possible action to amend budget for FY2019
10. Discussion and possible action on Texas HHSC grant
11. Discussion and possible action regarding procurement process for IRS 990 and annual Single Audit.
12. Executive Director Report
13. Board Chair Update
Board meeting, Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at Sobering Center.
Executive Committee meeting, Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at Sobering Center.
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request. For assistance, please call 512-974-3256 or 512-974-2445 TDD. A person may request a Spanish language interpreter be made available by contacting the City Manager’s Office at 512-974-2194 no later than twelve hours before the scheduled time of the item on which the person wishes to speak.