SOBERING CENTER BOARD MEETING
November 13, 2019 5:30 P.M
Sobering Center Board Room
1213 Sabine Street, Austin, TX 78701
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chair: Jana Ortega Vice-Chair: Craig Moore
Secretary: Bill Brice Treasurer: Douglas Smith
Director: Stephen Strakowski
Director: Christopher Ziebell
Director: Nancy Hohengarten, Past-Chair
Director: Andy Brown
Director: Council Member Kathie Tovo
Director: Commissioner Margaret Gomez
Ex-Officio: Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhardt (designee: Roger Jefferies)
Ex-Officio: Austin City Manager, Spencer Cronk (designee: Asst. City Manager Rey Arellano)
Ex-Officio: Austin Chief of Police Brian Manley (designee: vacancy)
Ex-Officio: Austin Chief of EMS Ernesto Rodriguez (designee: Asst. Chief Jasper Brown)
Ex-Officio: Austin Public Health Director Stephanie Hayden
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Sobering Center serving Austin Travis County also known as the Sobriety Center, created and organized by the City of Austin and Travis County as a local government corporation pursuant to Texas Transportation Code, Chapter 431, will convene a public meeting on Wednesday, November 13, 2019 in the Sobering Center Board Room, 1213 Sabine Street, Austin, Texas.
- Call to order.
- General Citizen/Public Communication.
Citizens wishing to speak on agenda items will need to sign up before the meeting is called to order. Citizen communication on agenda related items will be allowed after an item’s presentation has been made. Each speaker will be given 3 minutes to speak. Non-agenda related citizen communication will take place before discussion of the first agenda item and will be limited to the first 5 speakers.
- Approval of minutes for October 9, 2019 board meeting.
- Presentation by Central Texas Recovery Network.
- Presentation and approval of Treasurer’s Report.
- Discussion and possible action regarding use of Mission Capital in permanent Executive Director search.
- Resolution to appoint ad hoc committee to assist in Executive Director search.
- Discussion and possible action to appoint Interim Executive Director.
- Discussion and possible action to establish policy regarding public comments at board meetings pursuant to Open Meetings Act changes.
- Executive Session: Personnel matters.
- Update on recent actions by current and former employees.
- Board Chair update.
- Committee Updates
- Strategic Planning Committee: Postponement of stakeholder groups
- Executive Committee
- Governance Committee
- Finance Committee: Met 11/4/19 Recommendation of repayment of Travis County loan.
- Fundraising Committee: Fundraiser/1st year Celebration Update
- Community Engagement Committee
Board Meeting: Next meeting is December 11, 2019 at Sobering Center.
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request. For assistance, please call 512-974-3256 or 512-974-2445 TDD. A person may request a Spanish language interpreter be made available by contacting the City Manager’s Office at 512-974-2194 no later than twelve hours before the scheduled time of the item on which the person wishes to speak.