SOBERING CENTER BOARD MEETING
February 12, 2020 5:30 P.M.
Sobering Center Board Room
1213 Sabine Street, Austin, TX 78701
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chair: Jana Ortega Vice-Chair: Craig Moore
Secretary: Council Member Kathie Tovo Treasurer: Douglas Smith
Director: Stephen Strakowski
Director: Christopher Ziebell
Director: Nancy Hohengarten, Past-Chair
Director: Andy Brown
Director: Commissioner Margaret Gomez
Ex-Officio: Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhardt (designee: Roger Jefferies)
Ex-Officio: Austin City Manager, Spencer Cronk (designee: Asst. City Manager Rey Arellano)
Ex-Officio: Austin Chief of Police Brian Manley (designee: Asst. Chief Joseph Chacon)
Ex-Officio: Austin Chief of EMS Ernesto Rodriguez (designee: Asst. Chief Jasper Brown)
Ex-Officio: Austin Public Health Director Stephanie Hayden
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Sobering Center serving Austin Travis County also known as the Sobriety Center, created and organized by the City of Austin and Travis County as a local government corporation pursuant to Texas Transportation Code, Chapter 431, will convene a public meeting on Wednesday, February 12, 2020 in the Sobering Center Board Room, 1213 Sabine Street, Austin, Texas.
- Call to order.
- General Citizen/Public Communication.
Citizens wishing to speak on agenda items will need to sign up before the meeting is called to order. Citizen communication on agenda related action items will be allowed after an item’s presentation has been made. Each speaker will be given a designated amount of time to speak set by the board chair. Non-agenda related citizen communication will take place before discussion of the first agenda item.
- Approval of minutes for January 8, 2020 board meeting.
- Presentation and approval of Treasurer’s Report.
- Discussion and possible action of budget 2020 – 2021.
- Update on Executive Director search.
- Executive Session: personnel update.
- Interim ED update.
- Board Chair update.
- Committee Updates
- Strategic Planning Committee: Meeting on March 3, 2020
- Executive Committee: Update met on January 27, 2020
- Governance Committee: (Chair – Director Ziebell) Update met on January 16, 2020
- Finance Committee: (Chair – Treasurer Smith) Update met on February 6, 2020
- Development Committee: (Chair – Secretary CM Tovo) Update met on January 27, 2020
- Community Engagement Committee: (Chair – Director Judge Hohengarten) Upcoming meeting March 27, 2020. New members added
Board Meeting: Next meeting is April 8, 2020 at Sobering Center.
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request. For assistance, please call 512-974-3256 or 512-974-2445 TDD. A person may request a Spanish language interpreter be made available by contacting the City Manager’s Office at 512-974-2194 no later than twelve hours before the scheduled time of the item on which the person wishes to speak.