SOBERING CENTER BOARD MEETING
August 12, 2020 5:30 PM
Sobering Center Board Room
1213 Sabine Street, Austin, TX 78701
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chair: Jana Ortega Vice-Chair: Craig Moore
Secretary: Council Member Kathie Tovo Treasurer: Douglas Smith
Director: Stephen Strakowski
Director: Christopher Ziebell
Director: Nancy Hohengarten, Past-Chair
Director: Andy Brown
Director: Jessica Palvino
Director: Commissioner Margaret Gomez
Director: Lynn Sherman
Ex-Officio: Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhardt (designee: Roger Jefferies)
Ex-Officio: Austin City Manager, Spencer Cronk (designee: Asst. City Manager Rey Arellano)
Ex-Officio: Austin Chief of Police Brian Manley (designee: Asst. Chief Joseph Chacon)
Ex-Officio: Austin Chief of EMS Ernesto Rodriguez (designee: Asst. Chief Jasper Brown)
Ex-Officio: Austin Public Health Director Stephanie Hayden
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Sobering Center serving Austin Travis County also known as the Sobriety Center, created and organized by the City of Austin and Travis County as a local government corporation pursuant to Texas Transportation Code, Chapter 431, will convene a public meeting on Wednesday, August 12, 2020 by Zoom telephonic and videoconference. To join the meeting:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 865 5301 2551
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,86553012551# US (Chicago)
+13462487799,,86553012551# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
Meeting ID: 865 5301 2551
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kxKbT7vY4
- Call to order.
- General Citizen/Public Communication. Citizens wishing to speak on agenda items will need to sign up before the meeting is called to order. Citizen communication on agenda related action items will be allowed after an item’s presentation has been made. Each speaker will be given a designated amount of time to speak set by the board chair. Non-agenda related citizen communication will take place before discussion of the first agenda item.
- Approval of minutes for March 30, 2020 and June 10, 2020 board meeting.
- Presentation and approval of Treasurer’s Report.
- Discussion and possible action of Strategic Plan.
- Discussion of board vacancies and terms.
- Executive Director Report.
- Board Chair update.
- Committee Update:
- Strategic Planning Committee: Presentation of final Strategic Plan
- Executive Committee:
- Governance Committee: (Chair – Director Ziebell)
- Finance Committee: (Chair – Treasurer Smith)
- Development Committee: (Chair – Secretary CM Tovo)
- Community Engagement Committee: (Chair – Director Judge Hohengarten)
Board Meeting: Next regular meeting is September 9, 2020 at Sobering Center.
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request. For assistance, please call 512-974-3256 or 512-974-2445 TDD. A person may request a Spanish language interpreter be made available by contacting the City Manager’s Office at 512-974-2194 no later than twelve hours before the scheduled time of the item on which the person wishes to speak.