Updated August 27, 2020
Now Hiring – Recovery Support Specialist
Reports to: Program Manager
Job Type: Full-time, 1 open position:
Hours: Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 7pm-7am
Job Summary: The Recovery Support Specialist (RSS) will provide recovery support services and assist clients during their stay at the Sobering Center. The position requires the RSS staff to participate in client care during the client’s stay, make appropriate referrals at discharge and support post-discharge engagement when initiated by the client.
Summary Specific to Job:
· Provide ongoing support to all clients during intake, admission, and throughout their stay including discharge
· Engage clients when opportunities present themselves during their stay at the Sobering Center, using the language of hope and possibility
· As needed, assist, under the direction of Paramedic or Lead EMT staff, in taking vital signs and reporting results to team lead
· Assist in de-escalating individuals as needed during intake and throughout their stay
· Responsible for securing client property, to be returned at discharge
· Engage in motivational interviewing when appropriate
· Make appropriate referrals based on assessment results and needs of the client
· Help develop connections and links to community resources
· Focus on a person’s strengths and attend to the overall health and wellness of a client with mental health issues or addiction
· Complete discharge on clients
· Support client’s decision for treatment and services
· Provide follow-up telephone calls
· Clean sobering area, bathrooms, break rooms etc. – when necessary participate in doing laundry
· Maintain documentation in charts associated with RSS responsibilities
· Maintain communication with intake staff and shift lead
· Able to represent Sobering Center, reflecting a professional image
· Inspect facilities and equipment to ensure safety and sanitation regulations
· Attend all meetings and trainings as requested
· Adapt to changing work requirements
· Perform related work as assigned
· High School Diploma or GED
· 46 hours of RSS training
· Certified as RSS (preferred)
· Bilingual Preferred (Spanish speaking)
· Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing, Stages of Change, Mental Health 1st Aid and Mental Health Awareness
Updated July 1, 2020
Now Hiring – Paramedic
Job Summary: The Paramedic will ensure that all incoming clients are stable and able to remain at The Sobering Center. This position will be considered a Team Lead position and may also be tasked with other duties as assigned by the Paramedic Supervisor.
Summary Specific to Job:
- Conduct intake screening inclusive of taking brief medical history, vital signs, blood alcohol concentration, urine drug screen and blood glucose levels, etc.
- Complete all intake documents in accordance with agency policy and procedures.
- Provide exit screening for client discharge as needed.
- Follow Medical protocols set by the Medical Director.
- Aid Recovery Support Specialist and Sobering Support Specialist.
- Assess and monitor client’s medical condition/vital signs in accordance with agency policy and procedure.
- Provide minor first aid care.
- Facilitate transport of clients in need of additional medical services in accordance with agency policy and procedure.
- Ensure equipment/tools are functioning properly to provide client care.
- Function within the scope of care defined by this facility, along with state regional, and local regulatory agencies.
- Attend continuing education and refresher training programs as required by the facility.
- Document and inform staff and emergency response teams of observations pertinent to client care.
- Attend all meetings and trainings as requested.
- Adapt to changing work requirements.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Available to work all shifts and weekends.
- Current Texas License/Certification as EMT Paramedic
- Basic Life Support Certification or Advance Cardiac Life Support Certification
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $21.00 – $24.00 per hour